Texas Hold’em Poker
The game of Texas Hold’em as another alternative of 918kiss malaysia is pretty interesting because you already know your chances of winning after being dealt with your starting hand.
There are plenty of different combinations out there, with a pair of aces being the strongest starting hand to a weak hand that consists of a 2 and a 7. Knowing the strength of your starter cards will provide you with the means to adjust your play accordingly to, at least, still snag a win.
The beauty of this part of the game is that you can already decide whether to continue playing with the cards that you have or just ultimately fold early to mitigate the losses.
Today, I am going to talk about the best and worst possible starting hands in a Texas Hold’em game.
The Best Starting Hands
A strong starting hand will give you the confidence to continue moving forward, knowing that you have the best chances of winning.
The best possible starting hands that you can obtain are:
- Two Aces– This is by far the strongest starting hand in the game. If you are dealt with two aces, you can go moving forward with the highest possible chance of winning.
- Two Kings/ Two Queens/ Two Jacks- If you get two identical face cards, then this will also provide you with a higher chance of winning.
- A Face Card and an Ace (ex. King and Ace of Hearts)- Although not as favorable as the prior options, it is still considered a strong starting hand so long as the flop works in your favor.
The three options that I’ve mentioned are the strongest when it comes to the winning percentage, but you are not limited to just these three.
Oftentimes, when you get cards that are in a sequence such as the face cards and another high-value card (like a 10), you will also get a bigger chance of winning as well.
Even though you do not get the three highly-coveted starting hands, you will still be able to win the game with a good amount of luck, especially if you are able to do a straight or even a royal flush.
Do note that at the end of the day, the flop will still play a major role in your chances of winning.
The Worst Starting Hands
Basically, if you are dealt with these cards, your chances of winning are significantly lesser than people who have strong hands to start with.
The worst starting hands are:
- If you start with either a 2 or 3 and then paired with 7 or 8
- If you get an ace or a face card without a matching suited low card
- If you get two unmatched and low unsuited cards
Now that you know the best and worst possible starting hands in Texas Hold’em, I will give you some tips.
- Play until the end if you get the best possible cards and always fold whenever you get the worst cards
- Different rules of the game can alter your strategy. For instance, if you’re playing a No-Limit Texas Hold’em game, just the knowledge of the top NLH hands will provide you with the edge that you need
- Learn the different positions available so that you can act accordingly
- Most importantly, even if you start out with the best or worst starting hand, it doesn’t mean that your odds are already guaranteed. You still need to play well and make your moves accordingly. Even if you start with the worst configuration, with a little bit of luck, you can actually turn the tide in your favor.